Thickened bean soup
>> Finely blended mealworms can be added to a variety of dishes thanks to their neutral taste. The nutritional value of such a meal will then skyrocket. Insect Soup – Recipe.
Insect soup recipe
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 0.5 liters of broth
- 1 white onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 small carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of beans
- 1/2 cup of worm puree
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika, bay leaf, allspice, black pepper, marjoram
- Soak the beans overnight and then drain the water (preferably into a flower pot).
- In a food processor, finely chop half a cup of mealworms. If you prefer thicker soups, you can also blend half of the potatoes or some of the beans.
- Finely chop the onion and sauté it in a pan until translucent. Dust with flour and paprika, then pour in the broth.
- Add the contents of the food processor, the diced potatoes, pressed garlic, grated carrot, spices, and beans. Season with salt to taste, and if you like vinegar in the soup, feel free to use it generously. Cook until the beans soften. Add the marjoram before turning off the heat.
- Serve the soup with bread or croutons, and you can garnish it with finely chopped parsley. The soup is very filling even though it doesn’t contain meat. The nutritional value of mealworm puree is truly excellent, so it can partially or completely replace meat in the original recipes of a dish.
Did you like the article about Insect soup recipe? Do you have any questions or comments? Join the discussion!